Nauset Testing, 1 Ellis Landing Rd, Brewster, MA 02631 firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR MISSION: Nauset Testing is committed to the concept that diagnostic testing for the presence of active COVID-19 infection is essential in controlling the spread of the virus. Our goal is to provide convenient COVID-19 testing to the local Cape Cod community. The more people who get tested in addition to the more repeat testing for each individual the better off our entire community will be.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer by appointment only diagnostic testing for COVID-19. Testing is available to those 8 years and older regardless of symptoms or confirmed exposure. All appointments, registration and payments are done online. In order to minimize risk to our staff we do not accept cash or checks. Currently Nauset Testing offers the CareStart Rapid Antigen Test and the Abbott ID NOW Molecular Test. (Both tests have received an Emergency Use Authorization from the US-FDA.)
Antigen testing using CareStart COVID-19 Test for the Rapid Detection of SARS-CoV-2 Antigen: Cost $65
- This test is performed on site after specimen collection using a staff-administered nasopharyngeal swab with same day results.
- Antigen tests are designed to detect the presence of certain proteins on the virus capsule. During a COVID-19 infection a positive antigen test is more likely when you have higher viral loads and are in the contagious/symptomatic phase. We recommend the CareStart Rapid Antigen test if you have symptoms consistent with a possible COVID-19 infection. See Which Test? page for details.
- Antigen tests do not currently meet the state requirement for testing related to travel and return to school.
Abbott ID NOW is offered in partnership with Raynham Health Express: Cost $100
- The specimen is collected using a self-administered anterior nasal swab and run-on site with same day results.
- This is a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) that uses a proprietary process to amplify genetic material contained in the COVID-19 virus. It is a high sensitivity test that will detect the high viral loads during the contagious/symptomatic phase of a COVID-19 infection. The Abbott ID NOW test is more sensitive than the CareStart Antigen test. This means it can detect the presence of the COVID-19 virus at lower levels as compared to the CareStart Antigen test.
- The Abbott ID NOW is also an excellent test if you have symptoms of a possible COVID infection. The Abbott ID NOW MAY be preferred if you are getting tested less than 5 days after an exposure to COVID-19 but have no symptoms. We strongly recommend reviewing the WHICH TEST? page for details.
- Abbott ID NOW is considered a molecular test and is accepted by the state for travel related testing.
For those getting the Abbott ID NOW–this is a self-administered swab. Please review instructions on how to perform the swab prior to your visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community/COVID-19-anterior-self-swab-testing-center.pdf
Due to high demand and limited supplies availability of testing may change. The COVID-19 testing landscape is a rapidly changing science with significant advances occurring on an almost daily basis. Complicating the delivery of testing is the high demand which can often lead to supply chain shortfalls. At Nauset Testing we will do our best to provide consistent and up to date services.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- After clicking on the link below you can pick the time and date for your appointment, as well as picking which test you would like to receive. You will then be asked to complete a questionnaire, much of which is required by the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health.
- You will be asked to consent to receiving your test results via text or email.
- After completing the method of payment your appointment will be confirmed. Appointments cannot be confirmed until all registration and payment information is completed.
- You will receive a reminder text before your appointment which will contain a phone number to call when you arrival at Nauset Testing.
- Please arrive at the scheduled time and call the number provided in the reminder text to let us know that you are in the parking lot. We will come out to your car, or ask you to come up to our testing window for specimen collection.
- Once the specimen is obtained, we ask that you not wait for results as our parking is quite limited. All results will be sent electronically. If you test positive you will also receive a call.
- Given the high demand for COVID-19 testing we ask that if you need to cancel your appointment please do so as early as possible to allow somebody else the opportunity to obtain an appointment. There is no penalty to reschedule your appointment. All no shows will be charged $65.